About South Yorkshire Climate Alliance
We want to see a thriving, successful climate movement in South Yorkshire, shaping a region where companies, public bodies and individuals urgently make the changes to:
– Create a thriving region and a thriving planet;
– Meet the needs of all people in our region within the means of the living planet;
– Reduce climate change and its impact on South Yorkshire;
– Seek solutions to climate change which are just, and reduce inequality.
We facilitate growth in the climate change movement, and provide a platform for organisations in South Yorkshire to collaborate on campaigns which:
– Increase understanding of the causes and effects of climate change and the just solutions to it.
– Take action to mitigate, adapt and build resilience to climate change on both an individual and system scale.
Who is part of it?
We want to involve and include all, and believe the best way to achieve this is if we all work together as allies. Any individual or organisation in South Yorkshire and its surroundings who shares our vision, and wants to play a part in carrying out our mission- you’re an ally! And if you’re an ally, we consider you part of our Alliance.
Individual groups, campaigns, etc, who work with the Alliance all have their own autonomy to make decisions, set goals and priorities.
As an Alliance, we will strive to support climate action, and find areas of synergy where we can achieve more collectively. We will work to bring the region together and develop a common purpose.
SCA is also a member of The Climate Coalition. We have representatives on the Green City Partnership Board for Sheffield, Barnsley’s Positive Climate Partnership, and one of our Board members, sits on the Yorkshire and Humber Climate Coalition.
How we support our allies
SCA acts as a ‘hub’ for climate action, supporting citizens, community and campaign groups to achieve high impact, effective action.
Coordination and Facilitation
We help people work together to effect change. To do this we support:
– Communication and Engagement
– Community grassroots action to directly lower our region’s greenhouse gas emissions
– The coordinated lobbying of politicians, bodies of power and stakeholders to urgently adopt climate solutions.
Providing ‘infrastructure’ to support activities
We can help with the background stuff of ‘being an organisation’ to help you focus your efforts on your campaigns!
For example: training, support from our staff, a spot on the groups page of this website, newsletter, bank account, and policies such as whistleblower, equal opportunities and safeguarding. We can ‘host’ new groups which are starting up with SCA infrastructure, until they are ready to move on to use their own structures.
Meet the Team
Our Board is responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of the organisation, developing our aims, objectives and goals in accordance with the governing document, legal and regulatory guidelines and trust in the organisation.
Vanessa Senger (Co-chair)
Craig Gamble Pugh (Co-chair)
Sara John (Treasurer)
(Partnership Development Coordinator)
Craig Gamble Pugh
(Public Engagement Development Coordinator)
(Admin and Communications Assistant)
Please email email@example.com to contact our staff team.